My favorite food

SUSHI

One of the dishes that I could eat until my death is without a doubt ; SUSHI...And it's that the whole concep of culture and sushi itself attracts me too much.I literally like all the varieties that exist of this.

but well...What is the famous Sushi?

It's a typical Japanese dish that can be sold under the gourmet or fast food label.The sushi consists of rice seasoned with rice vinegar ( vinegar is the key to making the rice very tasty), sugar and salt and combined with other ingredents such as raw fish, shellfish, vegetables, etc.


The preparation of sushi varies depending on where it is consumed.What I'm referring to is that if you buy in a gourmet restaurant, it's prepared in a way that is more similar to that originating in Japan, while if we go to 'fast places' or if we want  to prepare it at home..the techniques used are in a 'Chilean' way.

The most usual ( or at least what I do) to prepare sushi here in Chile is:

1.First I wash the grain of rice until the water comes out transparent.


2.I cook the rice to the point that it looks ''mazamorrudo" ( the opposite of granulated).


3.Dressing the rice with vinegar, sugar and salt.

4.If you want to eat rolls , you should use a bamboo mesh where the rice is arranged throughout it's area and then you put the ingredents that you want in the center and roll up.




The preparation could be somewhat long according to the small result that is obtained... it is worth it.

Although I love to eat sushi I try to eat it only on special occasions because being a dish with raw marine ingredents, if I consume it a lot it could generate parasites such as:anisakiasis...So then you have to enjoy it but in moderation!!!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My Favorite Piece of Technology

who I am?